Side note: I am often asked about book jackets...to keep or not to keep?! Honestly, I am not a "no book jacket!" designer. I purely make the decision based on aesthetics....sometimes a books cover works better than the boards (or hardcover). I am then asked about keeping the jackets that have been removed. Again up to you! I do have mine placed in the top of a closet just in case the jacket may work better at a later time. I know this is a lot of talk about book jackets..but it's in the details right?!
Here are some of my favorites...both for content/subject of the books as well as their exteriors! Great ones to help get you started on some fab book stacks! (Make equally as awesome gifts!)
1. "Vogue Living: Houses, Gardens, People" by Hamish Bowles
2. "The Little Black Jacket: Chanel's Classic Revisited" by Karl Lagerfeld & Carine Roitfeld
3. "Louis Vuitton / Marc Jacobs" by Pamela Golbin
4. "Tom Ford" by Tom Ford & Bridget Foley. Probably the number one book you see in interior photos! Some think of it as the mother ship of coffee table books...and it is in size! So if you have a small coffee table...be warned this one may not fit! It is a GREAT book though!
5. "Domestic Art: Curated Interiors" by Holly Moore, Rob Brinkley, Laurann Claridge
6. "Rhapshody" (limited edition) by Kelly Wearstler
7. "Valentino: Themes and Variations" by Pamela Goblin & Valentino
8. "Black and White (and a Bit in Between): by Celerie Kemble. A great one without the jacket as well. The hardcover is a black, white and grey marble effect.
9. "Luxury Hotels: Top of the World Vol. II" by Martin Nicholas Kunz & Patricia Masso. The number one thing people say at the start of designing their bedrooms (and sometimes other rooms) is "I want it to feel like a hotel!"
10. "Elements of Style" by Erin Gates. Comes out in October and available for preorder now. Erin is one of my favorite bloggers and one that I read every single day so I know her book is going to be awesome without even seeing it yet! Also she is a designer and even did a post about designing her cover...which has a black and white striped spine!
11. "Glamorous Rooms" by Jan Showers. My favorite book without its jacket!....remove to reveal some leopard print goodness!
12. "American Fashion Designer at Home" by Rima Suqi
13. "Grace: A Memoir" by Grace Coddington. One that I own yet still need to finish reading! (it's on my summer list)..but the perfect touch of Hermes orange to add to your decor.
14. "The Big Book of Chic" by Miles Redd
15. "The Things That Matter" by Nate Berkus. A really great book about bringing only things you absolutely love into your home!
So what are some of your favorite coffee table books?! Don't you love seeing what books people have in their homes...it can tell you so much about them?!