So now for a fun little DIY....
This week Courtney of Pizzazzerie (a fun party blog that is also Nashville based) revealed the before and afters of her blog office we've been working on over the past few months! You definitely want to go check out the full reveal here! (She was even nice enough to share sources!)
I'm always interested to see what pieces are the clients favorites when a room is complete. Well Courtney's was seriously the easiest and most inexpensive DIY I've ever used in a project, so we're sharing it here.
Being a blogger (or anything in a creative field) means inspiration boards are a must. One of her 'wants' was a large bulletin board. There are several out there to choose from but they all seemed to have one of two things in common...budget breaking or fugly! So I DIYd one...in less than an afternoon....
WHAT YOU NEED
1. A basic cork bulletin board (we used one that was 36x48)
2. White spray paint (we used high gloss)
3. Gold Leaf Rub n Buff
4. Painters tape
5. Microfiber towel or old rag
6. gloves (not a necessity but I rather not have gold fingers!)
1. Tape off the frame of the cork board
2. Apply 2-3 even coats of white spray paint on the cork (obviously can use another color)
3. Remove tape
4. Rub n Buff the frame (per their instructions)
5. Voila...hang your new fabulous board and think of all the money you saved!
**The awesome thumb tacks we used are these!**