1. Paint / Wallpaper. Probably the easiest and most dramatic change you can make. Also don't forget to look past your vanity. So many times people are scared to paint this...even if you have the laminate type from Home Depot painting the base can make your bathroom feel so much more luxe. Just make sure you use a paint that works with your surface!
2. Lighting. So many are intimidated by changing out lighting. I consider it one of the number one things on the list...get rid of that boob light (you know the one I'm talking about) and put something more fun in. If you splurge on this you can always take it with you down the road. Kennedy Gold Leaf Wall Sconce
3. Hardware. An easy DIY thing is to switch out your hardware from simple things like towel bars and toilet paper holders to even bath and sink faucets. They can make your basic bath feel a little more custom. Lugarno Double Towel Bar; City Toilet Paper Holder
4. Hang Art. Don't be scared to hang a fabulous piece of art in the bathroom. "Warnicke Spoonbill"
5. Showerhead. Make you're mornings a million times better with an upgraded showerhead. Either rain fall or high powered jets...whatever your fancy! Square Rain Showerhead
6. Luxe Towels. Another way to create a spa experience...I am a firm believer in buying the best towels you can. Matouk Estate Towels
7. Custom Shower Curtain. Is there a designer fabric you love yet don't want to splurge on the yardage for your sofa?! Use it for your shower curtain! An easy project for a beginning sewer or have your local seamstress do it for you! (tip: Make your shower curtain longer than the normal 72" square and hang it a little higher!)
8. Add Furniture. If you have the space add a small chest or even a garden stool. Extra storage..bam!
9. Store Essectials in Glass. Even the most boring bathroom necessities look so much better when places in apothecary jars. Just keep all of the same thing per jar...soap, cotton balls, bath salt. Glass Canisters
10. Framed Wall Mirror. Don't fall victim to having the wall mirror clips! Bamboo Mirror
11. No Clutter. The free one on the list! Nothing ruins a bathrooms ambiance like tons of random bottles and toothpaste tubes laying around. Clear out chaos!
12. Fresh Flowers. They make any space better. Have something pretty to wake up to in the morning...they are proven to make you happier!